Lady Luck Speaks

Desi dating and desires from the doctor of delight.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Wherever you go....

..you know I'll be there, with open eyes, and open arms...

You've got to love Brandon and the Boys. Lyrically, they're the most talented lot in the mainstream. Musically, they're simple yet-effective - bringing a turntable into metal the way Korn did back in the 90's was the best invention for the poor devil since downtuning your rhythm guitarist to D flat!

Brandon Boyd is also, quite possibly, the most aesthetically pleasing man ever. 'Make Yourself' is one of the most assured albums released. It's a shame his intellect isn't quite as striking - which is where Lajon and Morgan from Sevendust will be brought in to keep me entertained.

Sexual fantasies aside, I've been thinking about the inspiration for my 'GhostGirl' post. Few things make me insecure. Even fewer people make me insecure. The FitGirl in question is making me feel even worse about myself - ridiculous when I've not spoken to her in four years; merely praising her around me is enough to piss me off. She herself only slightly pisses me off, it's the behaviour of hangers-on/others around her.

Another thing on my mind is the 'London thing' - it's very easy to get sucked into a vortex of self-importance once you're in a competitive field. A visit to Northwick Park showed me exactly how shallow things are 'round here. I'm definitely gonna do my best to stay grounded once I start work; there's less pressure to act a certain way. The expectation to be 'sociable, happy and talkative' starts to wear thin after a while, especially when coming from people one feels anything but around!

3 Comments:

At 2:01 AM, Blogger Rhythmic Diaspora said...

Agree with you on the Incubus thing but can't share your thoughts on the sexual fantasy stuff. Sorry!

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger shimmi said...

one of my friends met Brandon Boyd while he was shopping in Brisbane, they even had lunch together. lucky bitch. she also saw Ben Harper while he was hanging out in Paris.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger S said...

Shimmi - your mate is one *lucky* cow!

You've got an interesting blog too - will definitely be keeping up with it :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home