Lady Luck Speaks

Desi dating and desires from the doctor of delight.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Since I left you...

...quite a bit has happened. Excuse the rambling ;)

Friday saw myself and the girlies taking on Kensington Roof Gardens. Saturday, on the londonpubcrawl avec poptimists was a laugh. Sunday saw me hungover and hovering at my parent's house. It was here I found out another coursemate has stabbed me in the back. She's done it before & will most probably do it again. Not to worry since I have a secret project up my sleeve that no one on my course knows about. Ha.ha.ha. It's horrible to keep things from your mates, but hey. Once bitten, twice shy. I have my own secrets (which are more prestigious than theirs) anyway.

Alas, my EarNose&Throat placement is dull. Hammy, Neil and Asif are quite fun. Shame about the jobsworth of a nurse manager we've got to deal with - it's always the less-educated women who seem to have it out for other women doing better than them. Certain visible minorities seem to be more guilty of this than others in my experience. Ah well. it's less than a year 'til I'll be bossing them around :P

Final year is pretty taxing. Whilst we have less work than the fifth years, the onus is on us to brush up. We've also got to read through our third year notes & add management plans in, in addition to slicking up on examination & explanation skills. There's a long way to go 'til proper doctors can be made of us yet. 'tis a shame backstabbing and bitching seem to be part of the specification - the way things look, it's going to be a hell of a lot worse.

Got a couple more tricks up my sleeve. I can't wait to tell you, although they're rather placid compared to recent revelations.

TBC....we've got a hot date, an exhibition & a house move to be talking about :)

4 Comments:

At 2:20 AM, Blogger Rhythmic Diaspora said...

Your mention of Kensington Roof Gardens sent a wave of nostalgia through me. As a child my Grandmother used to take me there for afternoon tea when it was Barkers. She used to live in Kensington and I must have been about 5 or 6 years old. It's one of those happy memories that has just been rekindled - Ta!

 
At 5:03 AM, Anonymous savi3 said...

any talent @ the Roof Gardens? used to go there with Mr Mimic, he used to live around the corner.. ahhh nostalgia.

good to c ur back blogging :)

5 second love affairs u mentioned in the prev post.. u didn't tell me it was only 5 seconds !! lol

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger S said...

Roof Gardens is ace - I would happily pay the £15 to go clubbing there again. Decent music (funky house/trance aside) and a non-sleazy crowd.

Fitness-wise, the talent was better than most places. Most of the male crowd were non-white (only 3 Henry's seen). The fitness consisted of my male friends & a few random Arabs.

 
At 5:11 AM, Anonymous savi3 said...

last time was at the roof gardens which was several yrs ago got chatted up by some chav who claimed to have just won the national lottery :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home