Lady Luck Speaks

Desi dating and desires from the doctor of delight.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Da Da Da Da Da - Let Me Show You

....where's that from?

Back in the day, when Camisra reigned the fledgling Kiss FM supreme.

I thought it'd be an excellent intro to '5 Things' - the meme doing the rounds through Ros and a number of other food bloggers.

It's a nice way to update, capische?

1. Yours truly is going to be working in Preston come August. It's supposedly the most Catholic city in England, with a tenth of the population being of Asian origin.

2. I've just finished 'Ishq and Mushq' - Priya Basil's debut novel. Well worth reading if you've got an interest in immigrant life, East Africa and the human condition. Think 'White Teeth' or 'Brick Lane' without the flashbacks and pretension.

3. I believe I'm allergic to soya and mushrooms. I've not been a fan of either food for sometime - rubbery textures don't sit well with other items on my plate, ditto itchy mouth and stomach cramps, confirming that the only vegetarian protein worth knowing is CHEESE.

4. I'm going to see my fellow desi-lover Nelly Furtado this week - she'll be my fiftieth act seen live :D

5. I prefer Britcoms to sitcoms. I'm sure you knew that already ;)

2 Comments:

At 5:43 AM, Blogger drac said...

Nuts as a form of veggie protein - no likey? Shame.

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger S said...

Nuts are great in small quantities. They're a bit on the calorific side.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home