Lady Luck Speaks

Desi dating and desires from the doctor of delight.

Monday, July 16, 2007

50 ways to meet your lover...

I've just watched 'You've Got Mail' and gotten myself into a thought-funk on how people meet their lovers.

There seems to be two schools of thought; the first where one can get some 'knowledge' on what a prospective partner is like - the second being a more 'risky' one where you can't.

The majority of the people I know seem to have met their partners at work/university. Hot on these heels is the old 'friend of a friend' or 'friend of the family' trick. We mustn't forget the internet either when considering self-selecting circles. 

Outside this shlock, there's a fair few who ended up using bars and clubs as a meeting point, where they went on to meet a partner previously unknown to them. Whilst this seems to have worked wonderfully for some, I personally haven't had the pleasure of meeting ANYONE outside my friendship circles who happened to interest me in THAT way.

I wondered whether I was going to the wrong places so I changed neighbourhood and event type. I still got approached but not by the types I wanted. Unstimulating small talk with randoms I have little in common with has gotten boring, so I've decided to go back to square one.

And what is this mysterious square one?

Friends of friends. A failsafe which can only get you more friends as birds of a feather flock together and this self-selection makes them all the more compatible, capische?

1 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Blogger N (aka Childof25) said...

I'm done with the randoms as well...I just have no small talk left in me...leaves me in a bit of a quandary because most of my friends (and their single attractive friends) are in bloody different countries...oh well...there is asking the 'rents to fix me up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home