Lady Luck Speaks

Desi dating and desires from the doctor of delight.

Friday, August 24, 2007

The wedding...

My dears, it has been too long - I hope all is well with the lot of you.

Since we last spoke my life & my brain have gotten fragmented. I'm in a different location every day, making meet-ups with friends nigh-on-impossible as 'friend resident in that location' is most often not there on the days I turn up. There's no regular pattern, which makes the last-minute aspect of any social meetups planned ALL the more tantalising.

Life at home obviously sucks. I'm sure quite a few of you are more than aware of why you choose not to share an abode with parental types for more than a fortnight! Needless to say, we're off to a family friend's wedding on Sunday. The wedding is at Asian Location Seven as (I suppose) the Park Lane Hilton, Rembrandt Knightsbridge, Mandarin Oriental, Radisson Heathrow, Clay Oven Banqueting Suites and Brent Town Hall were already booked.


I have a feeling the wedding isn't going to be as fun as the one Darwin just mentioned; those I know there are acquaintances a little strait-laced for my liking - as conventional teetotaller UK SL medic girl (fair, skinny, no extra-curricular or rebellious instincts) met conventional beer-drinking SL medic guy (chesnut brown, not so skinny, speaks in fake Sri Lankan accent around parental types to appear more cultured, follows the crowd) and conventional medic family with rebellious (sic) non-medic father are proud they've gotten one over the rest of the conventional SL medic/dentist social circle. Needless to say, this couple serve as reminders as to how yours truly has failed her mother. Those who have met me can attest to my not being skinny and smiley, 60% not work-orientated and not loved up with a decent professional SL boy (or any similarly upstanding 'boy', for that matter!) and enable her to serve me up a nice dish of guilt on the way home.

Hopefully the Nintendo Wii they left on their wedding registry will keep them entertained!

2 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Darwin said...

Fake accents are awful. I never know how I resist from taking the piss when I hear it!

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger S said...

Darwin, I'd rather die than remain friends with someone who pulls this flex on elders; it's so patronising!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home