Lady Luck Speaks

Desi dating and desires from the doctor of delight.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Aloha

Greetings Readers,

I really have kept you waiting this time! Sincere apologies but life a la Luck hasn't been so thrilling of late.

My life has concentrated around seeing patients, helping to look after my Grandfather, reading some books (vis here, here and here) and finding some work experience for when exams are over.

I've managed to bag myself a month here.

It's the first step in a long line of steps to support my application for this. Science is most certainly the most poorly-reported subject in the press. The majority of coverage is rarely objective, factual detail is often minimised and commentors fall into the celebratory or condemnatory camp far too easily. I prefer to go here or here for my fix of well-balanced reporting.

Either way, it's nice to one of my papers nominated for a Guardian Student Media Award this year :D

I best be off now - got another past paper to do.

Take care,
x

2 Comments:

At 6:14 AM, Blogger Angel said...

Oh well done on your paper! Hope you bag the award... Will you be writing /editing for the Lancet once exams are over or will it be like a short rotation? Anywez, good luck!

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger S said...

Hey Angel,

Nice to see you on here.

I did my elective with the current final year (so the year below you) - am sure I've met a few of your hostellers too :)

I'll be doing a one month placement at the Lancet, highly recommended.

Meanwhile; why don't you apply for the BMJ Clegg scholarship - you write very well and I'm sure the BMJ/Student BMJ would be happy to part-fund you?

It'd be a great way to kill two months this year?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home